Aerodynamic fit and finish complemented by an all up weight of just 6g allows PingRX to seamlessly adapt to any airframe. Available options include antenna, case and connector to facilitate a system integration.
ADS-B is an air traffic surveillance technology that enables aircraft to be accurately tracked by air traffic controllers and other pilots without the need for conventional radar.
Roughly 60% of all aircraft around the world are equipped with an ADS-B transponder. However, this percentage will continue to grow with the integration of Ping-equipped drones into the airspace. Support safe operations, robust contingency responses and real time flight monitoring with Ping.
ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast) helps aircraft operators sense and avoid possible collisions. ADS-B is mandated by the FAA for all aircraft in the U.S. National Airspace by 2020. Used now primarily on manned aircraft, miniaturizing the equipment was essential to make it useable for small drones. pingRX measures 32mm x 15mm x 3mm, which is a fraction of the size of earlier units. The small footprint and extremely low weight of pingRX results in greatly enhanced situational awareness with almost zero impact on payload and performance.
- Verify that you are running the latest version of Mission Planner
- Open Mission Planner and click "Install Firmware" from the "Initial Setup" window
- Use the Hot Key command "Ctrl Q" to access Beta/Trunk firmware (V3.4dev) and click load
- Once the firmware update is complete, power cycle the autopilot
- Verify a successful update by viewing "Flight Data--Message" window located in the bottom left corner of Mission Planner
- Set ADSB_ENABLE to "1" in the Mission Planner parameters list
- The default plug-in on the Pixhawk autopilot for pingRX remains TELEM2